Safety Awareness

Give your gas appliances air!

By December 7, 2018 March 7th, 2019 No Comments

Gas appliances, such as water heaters, furnaces, and boilers, need plenty of air to operate safely — otherwise, they will produce excessive, deadly carbon monoxide — and because it is odorless, colorless, and toxic, you can’t see, taste, or smell it. Carbon monoxide causes headaches, dizziness, disorientation, nausea and fatigue — and can be deadly.

  • Schedule an annual appliance inspection, cleaning & tune-up by a qualified specialist
  • Inspect vents and chimneys by a qualified expert at least once a year
  • Have a technician check the combustion air provisions for your appliances
  • Store combustibles and flammables far away from gas appliances
Share via
Copy link